• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

Not sure it helped me make my onigirazu any prettier 🤣

Yours look delicious but in my very humble opinion using rice that has been seasoned for sushi will change the consistency of the rice such that you will never be able to make a neat sandwich.  But delicious beats neat for most of us.  For those of us who like tasty AND neat, there are other ways to season rice without changing its consistency. These include mixing it with furikake, seasoning it with salt or with a seasoned salt (matcha salt perhaps) or mixing in some toasted sesame seeds. In other words, any seasoning that does not include additional liquid. 

Anna N

Anna N

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

Not sure it helped me make my onigirazu any prettier 🤣

Yours look delicious but in my very humble opinion using rice that has been seasoned for sushi will change the consistency of the rice such that you will never be able to make a neat sandwich.  But delicious beats neat for most of us.  For those of us who like taste AND neat, there are other ways to season rice without changing its consistency. These include mixing it with furikake, seasoning it with salt or with a seasoned salt (matcha salt perhaps) or mixing in some toasted sesame seeds. In other words, any seasoning that does not include additional liquid.