• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BREAD- is anyone

stefanyb

Wow, I've never seen such a gorgeous assortment of breads and accompaniments. Great pictures!

Sandra, thanks for including the link for your proscuitto bread. I haven't made bread in years, but these photos have inspired me to give it a go again. I hope others will also include their recipes. The babka and monkey bread sound interesting and different... something I have never tasted before, but would like to.

And Toby's peppery pork belly rillettes... you can't imagine how good that sounds... yum. Toby, how do you make that?

I made all kinds of open-faced grilled cheese things this morning with leftover bread of various kinds. We went to Fairway on the way home last night and bought gruyere, mozzarella, bleu cheese, ham, tomatoes, basil, etc, etc. We made lots of combinations - some with butter, some with olive oil, some with garlic, and with many combinations of the stuff we bought...delicious. Thanks to everyone!

I made all kinds of open-faced grilled cheese things this morning with leftover bread of various kinds.  We went to Fairway on the way home last night and bought gruyere, mozzarella, bleu cheese, ham, tomatoes, basil, etc, etc.  We made lots of combinations - some with butter, some with olive oil, some with garlic, and with many combinations of the stuff we bought...delicious.  Thanks to everyone!

We had Nina's babka with coffee this morning. Yum!

Who said "There are no three star restaurants, only three star meals"?

For breakfast I had a slice of Le Maître Schonfeld's olive bread, lightly toasted and topped with Toby's rillettes. Superb

When I got home I remembered that Bux had kindly left me one of the delicious homemade sausages he brought. :wub:

Wah.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM