• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BREAD- is anyone

stefanyb

Bread Event, Sunday, January 26th at 3:00

Coming so far:

Stefanyb

Yvonne

Glyn

Sandy

Laura

Bux

Robert Schonfeld

Helena

Mr. Helena

Nina

Beau

Cathy

Jaybee

Toby

Fat Guy

Cabrales

Jordyn

DoubleO

Soba Addict

Plus breads being sent by:

Kit Williams

JD (London)

Please post any editions/ deletions or changes

plus:

Jakubc

Mazal

Ellen

Ranitidine

Everyone must bring something, preferrably handmade yeast bread. If not, then something else that is appropriate to this gathering.

Just wanted to add another attendee :biggrin:

No honey. (Or celery.)

Someday, someone must tell me how to shrink text really really small because for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

At the request of Stefany, no soup either.

But there will be a spiced fruit chatni (for the cheese course).

Some spreads, which I need to think about, because I want to do something other than homemade hummus or tapenade....

SA

Also to everyone--- plan on bringing a bottle of wine or a bottle of whatever you wish to drink.

A bottle. A bottle. What do you think we are, bloody amateurs.

Actually, I think you polished off the best bottle of red I ever brought anywhere, last Sunday. What premiere- cru red will you be bringing to Bread? :laugh:

Bread Event, Sunday, January 26th at 3:00

Coming so far:

Stefanyb

Yvonne

Glyn

Sandy

Laura

Bux

Robert Schonfeld

Helena

Mr. Helena

Nina

Beau

Cathy

Jaybee

Toby

Fat Guy

Cabrales

Jordyn

DoubleO

Soba Addict

Plus breads being sent by:

Kit Williams

JD (London)

Please post any editions/ deletions or changes

plus:

Jakubc

Mazal

Ellen

Ranitidine

Everyone must bring something, preferrably handmade yeast bread. If not, then something else that is appropriate to this gathering.

The event is getting closer! Its very exciting to think that so many eGullet luminaries will be present and the news of the day is Awbrig will be sending bread also. So there'll be bread from:

London

California

Chicago

and NYC, of course.

Soon I'll PM everyone the address. :biggrin:

Edited by stefanyb (log)

I'm coming, along with the Beau. I'm making a babka. The Beau is responsible for plastic/paper goods (have spoken to the hostess already about specifics). We will also bring wine.

We'll be happy to bring cheese/butter/jam or anything else that's needed, if need be.

I have 3 bread knives: a murderous Wusthof (not suitable for anything delicate), a ceramic, and a no-name stainless. That's probably adequate, but if anyone wants to volunteer to bring another, it couldn't hurt.

And if Ellen wants to bring her camera, the eGullet community will be spared my lame attempts at photography.

I will attempt to bake two French-style baguettes. Nothing fancy. I will also bring herring filets in cream sauce from Murray's and some white wine.

Mrs. Jaybee may or may not join me. I may or may not join me. :biggrin:

Edited by jaybee (log)

Its going to be impossible for me to send you any kind of bread. If I do overnight it to you tomorrow it would definately be stale by Sunday... :sad:

I am sending you something that can be kept chilled until Sunday and is a true representation of fine Chicago Cuisine...Charlie Trotter's Citrus Cured Salmon...will be great with all of your breads... :smile:

Hope you enjoy...