• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BREAD- is anyone

stefanyb

If nothing else, the word "bread" alone would make for a very interesting restaurant name.

I'm assuming its never been done before.

hm, if things go well this time around, I'd like to participate. (I suck at baking, but I can cook something. Bruschetta topping, maybe.)

SA

I'm volunteering as judge or taster. Hmm, maybe there's the opportunity to make fewer enemies by just volunteering as free loader. Or I could be a paying cutomer at the eGullet bake sale. That's a crumby idea. How about a loaf of butter or a bottle of wine.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

So, if you are accepting out-of-town contributions, where would we send them?

Any LA egulleteers want to try this? (I'll start a thread on California page)

Yes, yes we would be delighted and honored!

PM me for delivery plans

(Oh, and we may be getting a delivery from London too)

Edited by stefanyb (log)

I'm volunteering as judge or taster. Hmm, maybe there's the opportunity to make fewer enemies by just volunteering as free loader. Or I could be a paying cutomer at the eGullet bake sale. That's a crumby idea. How about a loaf of butter or a bottle of wine.

Unless someone has strong feelings to the contrary, I think we should all be judges of a kind but it shouldn't actually be a contest, just a display of talents.

Buxie m'boy please do come. I'm sure you can come up with something to bring of any sort. After all you are a Moderator! :raz:

If the SuperBowl is on that big TV, I ain't comin' . And no, I'm not kidding. One of the reasons I'm delighted that this event is on the 26th is because I need have no awareness of the SuperBowl whatsoever. And if the SuperBowl watchers go downstairs - well that's no better, in my view. This is a social event, a baking event, not a TV or sports event.

Robert, forgive me, it's not about you. I just can't stand it.