• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Cyberider

Cyberider

31 minutes ago, Anna N said:

The CSO is considerably smaller than the Breville (assuming you bought the XL) but I find with both of these ovens one needs a foil shield towards the end of baking to prevent a burnt crust.  Not everyone agrees with me.   You may need to do your own experimenting.  

Thanks, Anna, good idea!  As for the CSO, I'll start watching that thread.  I'm curious about the attractive loaves of bread you asked about too.  For good measure, now that the BSO is out of my Amazon cart, maybe I'll put the CSO in and watch it in case it goes on sale and I can "justify" it.

Cyberider

Cyberider

16 minutes ago, Anna N said:

The CSO is considerably smaller than the Breville (assuming you bought the XL) but I find with both of these ovens one needs a foil shield towards the end of baking to prevent a burnt crust.  Not everyone agrees with me.   You may need to do your own experimenting.  

Thanks, Anna, good idea!  As for the CSO, I'll start watching that thread.  I'm curious about the attractive loaves of bread you asked about too.  For good measure, now that the BSO is out of my Amazon cart, maybe I'll but the CSO in and watch it in case it goes on sale and I can "justify" it.