• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Micro Tandor/BBQ/Pizza Oven

bigchef

I was pitching one of several culinary inventions at a well known kitchen recently (sorry, no spoilers) and one of the concepts was that of a table top micro tandor/pizza oven/BBQ/smoker. They broke into laughter and pointed behind me and low and behold....there it was! Almost the exact same design as mine! Anyone know the brand I'm talking about? Its oblong with a hinged lid, temperature gauge on top with smoke control. You place the wood inside and there is a grill top and a removable stone plate (for pizza and breads). Anyone know what this thing was? I may have to contact them again and ask.

YAY! The Big Green Egg! You found it! You win a cookie! Thanks everyone! What a wealth of knowledge this forum has. I know I can always count on someone having the answer here. :-)