• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Xochitl - Totopos de Mais

natasha1270

I purchased a bag of Xochitl white corn/salted chips at Whole Foods earlier this year and ever since we are totally addicted! They are now my go to bag of chips. The chips are thin, lightly salted and have really nice corn flavor. We usually have them with chipotle salsa (I use the recipe from Coyote Cafe) but they taste so good, I like them most straight out of the bag and actually think I end up eating fewer chips because I enjoy them more (does that make any sense?)

They cost a little more than other chips but well worth it. I think Whole Foods has a similar store brand product (well, at least the packaging is similar. maybe they are the same?) but I haven't gotten around to trying their version because we love these so much. Anyway, I didn't see any existing posts on them so I thought I would give them a shout out.

Anyone else similarly addicted?

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

Unreal. Our hot stuff gourmet shop just started to carry them this morning and we bought some. Quite expensive. Quite delicious.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

• 1 month later...

FYI... Cost Plus/World Market also carries them at a better price than Whole Foods if you have access to that chain. Last time I was there, they told me they have a hard time keeping them in stock! I can believe it. I think I need more chips.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

• 7 months later...

I'm ruined for all other chips! These are the best ever. The end.