• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Good Chef - Simon Hopkinson

ermintrude

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surprised there was not more comment on this series.

It was low key but every episode I watched made me want to go off and cook something.

One program he made rhubarb crumble, I really wanted a good old fashioned crumble after viewing, and a hour later was eating wonderful spiced apple crumble. Another he did a plain risotto. Again, I wanted to make it, but I discovered none of my chicken stock left in the freezer but I spotted a scrunched up bag of dried porchini and had some chestnut mushrooms handy mushroom and red wine risotto was created. And when he did Piedmont peppers, I'd eaten but was thinking about them all the next day until I made them for a late lunch and ate four as I'd forgotten just how good they are.

This review says it all http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/jul/23/the-good-cook-grace-dent-tv-od

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.