• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Boston shaker at Pegu Club

jk1002

I've been meaning to ask about this. I have the standard metal + glass boston shaker combo. I'd like to go all metal but cant seem to find a set of them. What size goes into what size to make a good fit when it comes to all metal?

One side is typically 28 oz. The other is usually 16 oz. or 18 oz.

The Naranja is a little oddball in that it's 17 oz. But I find the seal on the weighted tins to be excellent and they are definitely high quality. Most of the high end NYC cocktail bars use them now.

Edited by kathryn (log)
"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure

Thanks for the hint, based on the description on Cocktailkingdom I am thinking it could be the Naranja.

I don't recall so much the look of them but the "clack" noise they made when the barkeeper opened the seal. They were able to do that with one hand, that was what I noted and why i am looking for them. Can't get that done with my Boston shaker. Might be just me being unskilled or the shaker .....

Cheers

JK