• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Online shopping from India to where I am

cteavin

Hi

There are a couple of products I need to purchase including a kaldie, pressure cooker, idli pot. These items are not available where I am, so I'd like to import them. When I do a search I'm swamped with hits. I'm hoping someone can tell me a company they've used, a popular company, or one they know to have a good reputation.

Thank you much,

Steven

Thanks for the link. I do need to know more about the different brands available before I make a decision. Without walking into the kitchen, I picked up some wonderful items the last time I was in India and I hope to get the same quality or better, so thanks for recommending the brand.

Cheers,

I just realized I mis-romanized. I'm looking for a Karahi. I got a PM asking why I was looking for ladies wear. (lol)

Any opinions on cast iron vs stainless? I'm still looking for an onle shop which sells them.

Cheers,

In case anyone was interested, I went with Futura's 7 1/2 liter karashi, 3 3/4 liter karashi, their 1 cup spice heating pan. I already have two tava's from them, and like the style. For the pressure cooker I went with Spain and purchased the 8 liter and 4 liter Duo Set from Fagor. Since they come with glass lids, I can fill in the gap in my sauce pans as they can double for both. I received everything this morning -- tonight I'm going to roast some besen and make ladoos.

I'm still looking for a idli maker. I already have two sets of trays, one non-stick, the other regular. Unfortunately, I threw away the original pot because it was flimsy. Do you think I can use one of the pressure cooker pots to make idli? The trays fit.

Cheers,