• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Worst cooking show ever

lancastermike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doesn't anyone else find Michael Symon's insane, obnoxious laugh mind-bending?  It makes me hate him even though I know that it's only due to that laugh.

• Like 3

I feel the same way about Anne Burrell.  She was prattling away about making something "super yummy" to her hapless crew on "Worst Cooks in America" and happened to look up and see Bobby Flay looking at her like "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Not only that, she's added magenta comb-in color in her egg-beater hair.

• Like 1

For what it is worth, I found this show on you tube and found it much more entertaining than anything I have seen on the regular cooking shows. 

I keep checking to see if she gets a real show for herself, but so far this is it!

I stumbled on that video a month or so back .... LMAO

... Shel

Every time I see Ann Burrell, I think to myself "What a hog"!

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether the show she's involved with is good or not. That line of thinking is why we have so many untalented "musicians" being embraced by the masses as the greatest thing in the world just because they look good on the CD cover.

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Meh.  I don't care that she's large.  I care that she is obnoxious.  She is but one of a pantheon of obnoxious chefs who do make up words, wave their knives while talking and do riffs on the same five or six dishes every time they are on.

• Like 1

funny, that pumpkin roll video is better than 95% of the "cooking show" crap on TV. At least it was from the heart, was funny and goofy and personal and not overproduced shiny glittery garbage.

I haven't seen a good cooking show on TV in years, Good Eats was fun before Alton turned all crummy gameshow host on us. Fiery is an extremely obnoxious person I'd not want as my neighbor or guest, so I don't invite him on my TV either. If you want to learn something, you just have to go to youtube nowadays, TV completely failed us in that department by now.

• Like 3

"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"

- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

I haven't seen a good cooking show on TV in years .... If you want to learn something, you just have to go to youtube nowadays, TV completely failed us in that department by now.

I'd disagree ... there seem to be a few good ones on the local PBS stations, at least IMO.

... Shel

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether the show she's involved with is good or not. That line of thinking is why we have so many untalented "musicians" being embraced by the masses as the greatest thing in the world just because they look good on the CD cover.

My use of the term 'hog' has nothing whatever to do with her size.

My use of the term 'hog' has nothing whatever to do with her size.

Fair enough... but you can't be surprised at that assumption.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My vote for all time worst cooking show is...oh wait, I'm not even sure it can be called a cooking show even though it is on the Cooking Channel, is Reverend Run's Sunday Suppers. Its such a train wreck I keep watching it just to see how far they'll be off the mark.

Had Cooking Channel on while doing housework today and Nadia G. came on, noticed she slipped in and out of her accent. What's the deal with that?!

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality. Clifton Fadiman

I turned on the travel channels, many many years ago and there was a  American chef  traveling all over Europe cooking  food.  Fine,  that can still be good, but  when the guy was standing   cooking shrimps at the northern end of Denmark and said  This is where Europe ends and the Scandinavia begins and tomorrow we are going to their  capitol  Stockholm to sample its delights. 

I just shook my head.  Last time I checked Sweden was part of  Europe  and   Stockholm was   Sweden Capitol  and Scandinavia included  Denmark too.

How could a travel channel air something that bad??

*sigh*

Oh and Swedish meatballs with 1 cup of dill to make it more Swedish. WFT?

• Like 1

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

Terrible cooking shows aren't all hosted by Americans. 

There was one from Canada that featured a husband and wife who took a group of troubled "yutes" under their wing to teach them a trade in the restaurant business either in the kitchen (husband) or FOH (wife).  The husband was a big heavy guy with a Quebecois accent that need to be trimmed with a knife, the wife was very slim and they both swore like sailors.  The kids/parolees were all attitude, tattoos, substance abuse problems and parole violations.  It had potential, but was mainly cringe-worthy.

OMG yes! Kathy Hoshijo! TY

Whatever happened to Michelle Urvater?

OT I went to look on youtube for Kathy and Bob Ross came up (?) Ill bet hed have been thrilled about Colorados happenings, lol

Edited by GlorifiedRice (log)

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

Terrible cooking shows aren't all hosted by Americans. 

There was one from Canada that featured a husband and wife who took a group of troubled "yutes" under their wing to teach them a trade in the restaurant business either in the kitchen (husband) or FOH (wife).  The husband was a big heavy guy with a Quebecois accent that need to be trimmed with a knife, the wife was very slim and they both swore like sailors.  The kids/parolees were all attitude, tattoos, substance abuse problems and parole violations.  It had potential, but was mainly cringe-worthy.

You've got to come up with the name of this - I've racked my brain and don't recall seeing any such show.  Searching online has gotten me nowhere!