• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beef Carpaccio

Genkinaonna

I was hoping one of my fellow eGulleteers might share a traditional beef carpaccio recipe with me...what is the sauce? It's generally described as an aioli, but is there anything different about it? And if I were to put an arugula salad on top, what would I dress it with? Tenderloin is just too damn expensive to mess this one up, so can anyone give me a fail-safe recipe to try? The restaurant I usually get it from took it off the menu for the summer, necessitating some do-it-yourself-itude...

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown

I normally make a thin ceasar salad dressing to criss cross my carpaccio. Some shavings of parmesan, and I dress the salad with a standard classic vinaigrette.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.