• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Earthquake Zinfandel 2008 Michael-David Vin

Don Giovanni

TN: Earthquake Zinfandel 2008 Michael-David Vineyards

Well first off it's no 2007 then again what wine is...

I could pick this one wine out of the best lineup you can offer...if you think you have one just like it... please do tell I would love to buy it and taste it...

The distinctive indigo black ink color is the tell of good things to come in this wine... the signature nose... black liquorice, tar, vanilla, French almond toast, cassis, black currant, menthol ... the mouthfeel is creamy not thick like the 2007, but very round fruit up front loaded with what I call that one of a kind taste that only to me Earthquake delivers year in and out... the tastes of the nose dance in your mouth...coffee (and I am not a fan of coffee drink, but love the smell ) French vanilla beans, coffee beans, dark chocolate beans roll around like heaven...black liquorice all coming together for a orgy in your mouth...the hang time is eternal ... then you have to take another sip... the type of wine for me that one has over a very long time frame once you pop the cork... drink now 2011 // 2017 score 88/89

around $20.00 the best $20 you can spend IMVHO.... Cheers !!!