• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Rocco's Dinner Party"

Toliver

"Dinner Party" is just all Rocco's ego and douche-dom, all the time. It truly could make me appreciate Guy Fieri.

I had to laugh at the preview of the next episode when rocco tells one of the contestants "you have the nerve to cook meatballs for me?"

Rocco's "famous" meatballs were the signature dish of a restaurant that managed to stay open less than a year and had a tremendous amount of advertising behind it. I don't think that's a very glowing endorsement for rocco's "famous" meatballs.

(snippie)

PLUS, it was his MOTHER'S recipe and SHE was in the kitchen making them ! Total fail, Rocco. Total...

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

So, is it better or worse tv watching then The Restaurant?

"Dinner Party" is just all Rocco's ego and douche-dom, all the time. It truly could make me appreciate Guy Fieri.

Rocco is both a douche and a tool. :rolleyes: He makes Fieri look great because Rocco is a whiney egotistic complainer and Guy is happy and positive. Guy while being douchey at times is short of being a tool IMO. I cringe to say it, but I kind of like GF.

Edited by gfweb (log)

I watched one episode. It's so bad and boring that I can't even poke fun at it. Plus, there's something about Bravo that just gets makes my teeth hurt. Probably the reason I quit watching Top Chef a few years ago.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

I had to laugh at the preview of the next episode when rocco tells one of the contestants "you have the nerve to cook meatballs for me?"

Rocco's "famous" meatballs were the signature dish of a restaurant that managed to stay open less than a year and had a tremendous amount of advertising behind it. I don't think that's a very glowing endorsement for rocco's "famous" meatballs.

(snippie)

PLUS, it was his MOTHER'S recipe and SHE was in the kitchen making them ! Total fail, Rocco. Total...

Heheh, I liked Mama, even if she did make crud meatballs (no idea if she did or not). She was one of my favorite parts of the show.

Too bad they don't rerun that show anymore.