• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Growing Mexican Ingredients in Zone 5a

The other one had to compete with a rose bush, which I removed, but it's still pretty impressive.

Did you know that a rose and cactus combination is something of an iconic southwestern image? Many folks plant them immediately adjacent to one another in the hopes they will entwine. You were totally 'on trend' and didn't know it.

Perhaps you should put the one that you removed back in!

:smile:

It's funny because when I say 'removed' I actually meant cut down. But apparently that rose bush is tougher than it looks and is trying for all it's worth to come back. So it's still there, but Maybe I could entice it to grow a little more to the side to give the cactus some more light.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who are good at math and those who aren't.