• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Museum of the American Cocktail's monthly lectures

TAPrice

The first Monday of the month, the Museum of the American of the American Cocktail in New Orleans hosts a lecture series that brings in bartenders from around the world. Past presenters include Dale DeGroff, Dave Wondrich and Eben Freeman.

Most months the talks are broadcast live on NOLA.com, the affiliated website of the Times Picayune. At the moment, the video is not archived, but they hope to add that feature in the future.

Tonight at 7 p.m. you can hear Gary Regan's talk on the "Best Bartenders I've Ever Know."

I'll try to post reminders about these broadcasts in the future.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

Streaming is working fine (except that the projections are all blown-out, just look white) and sadly the audio is so distant and echoey that the speaker's pretty incomprehensible. But then, maybe that's just Gaz, he kind of sounds that way up close too...

Edited by philadining (log)

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

Apparently there were issues with the sound in the room as well. They're working on improving the audio and posting an archived version of Gaz's talk.

In the near future, I was told today, they'll have most of the previous talks posted and gathered in one spot. For the moment, you catch Eben Freeman's April presentation on using ratios in cocktails here. He also goes off a bit at the end on brand ambassadors who aren't serious enough about the craft of cocktails.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)