• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sorry I missed you in Chicago!

I really wanted to be at your signing a few weeks ago at Trotters to Go but was out of town unexpectantly. How did you like Charlie's store and Im assuming you ate at the restaurant. How was it for you? Also, where else did you visit/dine in Chicago?

I picked up your book over the weekend @ Trotters to Go and love it! Thanks. :smile:

We had a wonderful yet short visit to Chicago. We began our visit with a delicious breakfast at NoMI. The room is beautifully appointed and the menu tasty. We would like to return for dinner. We actually spent the rest of our morning at the Art Institute. Neither of us had been there. They have such an amazing collection of Modern Art. Then we went to the book signing at Charlie Trotter's to go where we were greeted by Charlie Trotter and his staff. They were extremely welcoming. Because we were unable to stay for dinner, they sent us off with treats from the store for our plane ride home. We were particularly flattered that they had prepared some dishes from the book to pass around the store for tastes. It was our first booksigning and a huge success. Not only was it a great experience and a beautiful store but we sold out to the last book!