• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Big Green Egg prices

pedro

How much does a BGE cost? I've been asked more than $2.7K for the XL model in Spain and I'd like to get a sense of the price range in other places.

Edited by pedro (log)

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

About two years ago, I paid around $800 for my large, which included a plate setter, baking stone, bag of hardwood lump, grill grabber, box of fire starters, and assembly/delivery to my house. Do a search at theEgghead Forumand I'm sure you'll find the MSRP price list posted somewhere on that message board.

US prices went up this year so are closer to the Canadian prices. Still a bit higher than the ones above. Medium $675 last time I looked. Large over $1000.

just make sure to buy from an authorized dealer (and not online) or you won't get the lifetime warranty.

Yes, they are expensive, it took me over two years to finally decide what I want (smoker? BBQ? Steel? etc) but the extreme versatility of the egg finally made me go with a large one and I could not be happier. It heats up fast, stays on what ever temp you want w/o much fiddling, goes from slow smoker to high heat steak searing pizza baking machine.

Also uses very little coal, so I don't even mind the silly price the brand coal costs.

I have no idea if they even deliver to Spain or Europe, why not contact them directly and ask for dealers?

Also, if you live close to a store or egg head community, check for deals. Here in the Bay Area the Eggs by the Bay store has a yearly eggfest with cookout. All participating cooks use a brand new egg that you can buy that day at a serious discount. Used once and full warranty, a great deal. I think you have to pick it up at the fest. Other stores might have similar things going on.

I really can't think of a better bbq/grill. It heats up in 10 min, uses real lump coal, not the compressed who-knows-what's-in-it stuff and not gas. Everything comes off perfect, juicy, with a wonderful smoke flavor from the coals - or real smoky with added wood.

It seems a bit silly to gush like this, but I've looked at every smoker option out there, I have a weber grill which I also love. But IMO the egg is simply perfect. Even if it looks a bit goofy.

"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"

- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

I have no idea if they even deliver to Spain or Europe, why not contact them directly and ask for dealers?

That's where the quote comes from, their official dealer in Spain.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

• 1 month later...

I just got one from Eggs by the Bay, a large with nest for $850 as part of their Eggfest in a few weeks :biggrin: ...but I have to wait until then to pick it up. :sad:

This place in Sonoma, California has good prices too (large for $828; no nest), and ships free within the US. Not sure about to Europe.

As an earlier poster said, there's also something to be said about buying local, which would enable you to get easier warranty service (they are warranted for life) should you need it; otherwise it's up to you to ship it back to the factory.