• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ballpark food

Country

I'm pretty trad. Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, maybe a hot dog and a beer....

Same here. Though my out-of-town friends get a kick out of the fried clams and clam chowder at Fenway Park.

I've got game tickets for later this month, I'll look around for anything new and interesting in the food department.

I only go to ballparks when there's no game (took my boy to a Monster Truck show that was a lot more fun than I expected!) but I really prefer a nice good hotdog or polish at such a venue. Sushi seems way out of place, maybe a greasy slice of peperoni pizza. The garlic fries always smell fantastic and are a disappointing soggy mess, don't buy those anymore. But there (Oakland) are bbq places, sandwiches, quite some variety from what I saw. San Jose (shark tank) seems to have even more, but I'm only there for concerts, where most of the food places are closed.

A nice juicy hotdog on a bun, onions, relish, lots of mustard and ketchup, that's just what hit's the spot for me at these venues :smile:

"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"

- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

crab fries

??? As in fries with some sort of crab infused sauce? Please explain :)

Fries dusted with old bay. Pretty common from Baltimore to Philly. Very addictive

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Auto Zone Park (Redbirds, the Cardinals' AAA affiliate) in Memphis has barbecue nachos (an abomination) and cheese and sausage plates from the Rendezvous, long-time Memphis barbecue landmark. AZP is perhaps the biggest thing I miss about Memphis. Great park.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com