• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Modernist Cuisine" Owners

JBailey

I bought and possess a copy, ordered fall 2010 and arrived in the first wave. (I also had online access and a review copy before that. Yes, I know, lucky me.)

I work in Providence RI and live in a suburb.

I run a preschool but also work as a bartender and cocktail consultant in RI.

I know of at least three chefs and/or cooking school faculty who have bought copies.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my copy from Barnes and Noble! Ordered on Friday, didn't think I'd get to see one until the second edition. I live in Eugene, Oregon and am an ambitious home cook. A little overwhelmed by the enormity of this thing right now...

Got my copy about two months ago, just joined the forums here very recently though. Professional cook but ironically will not be using this book, or any out of my collection at work. The fine dining, sous vide, hydrocolloids, etc... Are for my home cooking.

Located in Edmonton, Alberta these days, but work up in the oil-sands camps, feeding the workers extracting the oil.