• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stove Identification

mtigges

I am curious to learn as much as I can about the range / stove equipment seen in this little kitchen.

picture

It's a crappy picture (best I have sorry), but I presume someone here will know exactly what it is.

Edited to add, I'm not asking about the countertop insert coil electric range on the right of the image, rather the antique thing on the left.

Edited by mtigges (log)

I think it is one of these reproduction wood cook stoves

The oven door looks a little too big for one of the original antiques. Those ovens very were quite small.

I learned to cook on an antique wood/coal stove that also heated the kitchen and adjoining rooms in winter - was moved out to the summer kitchen during the hotter months.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett