• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for cool lounge or similar in Paris, with food

LPShanet

A friend of mine is in Paris for a bit, and already has plans to visit some serious food destinations. However, he's looking for a place to go Friday, that has a cool/hip vibe, with good food, and maybe a lounge kind of atmosphere with music, etc., that's open late-ish. Having not been to Paris for a few years, I thought I'd pick the brains of the eGulleters on his behalf. Your suggestions are appreciated.

p.s. Someone apparently recommended Bizart to him, but I've never been, so couldn't confirm or deny whether it was an apt suggestion. Anyone?

how about la Conserverie. It's a cocktail bar/lounge/restaurant. it's open late, has music, good drinks & food. the food angle is all 'conserved' food (so canned, preserved, etc) But, not bad conserves....apparently it's very good. I've only been for the drinks, which are excellent, so I can't speak on the food, but it seems to hit a few of your requirements.

52 martinis blog

@52martinis

• 1 year later...

This is probably too late, but hope it will help in someone else's future search. There's a place I go to in the 6th called Le Pub Saint-Germain (rue de l'Ancienne Comédie) which has all that (cool/hip, loungey, food...). Not been past happy hours, though it looks like it's set up for night owls. It's got two (or three) levels/sections. Ground floor is a comfy cocktail bar setting and upstairs is set up with (what looks like) Chinese antiques.

Edited by superbadkitty (log)