• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Open To The Public Restaurant Supply Store In Philly Area

Hi, does anyone know of any Open To The Public Restaurant Supply Stores In The Philly Area?

There was one in North Wales called Rotel (I think) years ago that stopped selling to the public.

I want to buy a few things that I cannot get in stores...

Anyone know any?

TIA

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

Restaurant Depot in Manayunk has food, although it's a lot of frozen stuff, but you need to have "proof" of working in a restaurant. If you have a friend that works in a restaurant with a pay stub or proof you work for a non-profit I think that will get you in the door. Otherwise, you can buy restaurant sized cans/boxes/jars at any of the wholesale clubs like BJ's, Sam's Club, Costco, etc. What is it you need, exactly??

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

If you need commercial dishwasher detergent/chemicals call Termac. They're the biggest suppliers in the area. If you need home dishwasher detergent the wholesale clubs will have that in huge buckets for you. Costco carries Whirl according to my Google search.

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

D'oh. Sorry about that. I Googled Whirl (since I didn't know what it was) and one of the entries was for ordering via Costco. I didn't investigate it any further beyond that since I don't need a tub of it myself.

And I really am not certain at all what's so "special" about any detergent, other than it hopefully does what it's supposed to. If you're using it to build bombs or make illegal substances, perhaps it's best you don't answer me here in a public forum. In fact, I wouldn't want to know if that's the case... :unsure:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!