• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin UK 2012

As I was told this yesterday & probably tweeted it, I thought I'd better share it on here as well.

The Michelin Red book is going to be released in October this year, rather than January. Apparently to bring it into line with other UK guide books. So as this will leave as shorter window for inspections what are the thoughts on any movements or inclusions?

The Chef Hermes blog

Can be followed on Twitter: @chefhermes

Or Facebook:Chef Hermes group page

Promotion for any chef of genuine French heritage and immediate 2 star listing for any chef of genuine French heritage who has opened on these shores since the 2011 edition.

No promotion or acknowledgment for any British chef who's miles better, both in terms of execution and creativity though...

Promotion for any chef of genuine French heritage and immediate 2 star listing for any chef of genuine French heritage who has opened on these shores since the 2011 edition.

No promotion or acknowledgment for any British chef who's miles better, both in terms of execution and creativity though...

So originally hailing from Kent & now based in Cornwall, how does Nathan Outlaw fit in then? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Take your point though.

As there were only 4 rising stars last year (hardly a bumper crop)& a plethora of new openings; Heston & Jason Atherton, is there going to be time to give proper reviews?

The Chef Hermes blog

Can be followed on Twitter: @chefhermes

Or Facebook:Chef Hermes group page