• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

European style refrigerated pastry cases

Linzerbear

Hi all anyone know where in the SF Bay area to get European style refrigerated pastry cases? I am looking for the type that they have at most high end places in France like Pierre Herme etc. They are glass in the front of the customer but open on the top, and refrigerated on the bottom of the desserts. I never have really seen them here in America except maybe in Vegas.

Any Ideas where to get them here? I have attached a pic of what i am looking for:DSC00100.JPG

thanks for any help,

Eric

Eric

What you need to do is find a local refrigeration company that you're comfortable with, they will have brochures and spec sheets of euro cases that they can and will bring in. Unless you're familiar with and comfortable repairing refrigeration, and know the ins and outs of importing large peices of equipment, it's best to leave that with a refrigeration company.

Here's one that is in N.America (Vancouver, actually) and ships all over the States and Caribbean. : www.vegacases.com