• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Culinary Uses for Whitefish Salad

DanM

I have found myself with a bunch of whitefish salad that will probably go bad before I can eat half of it... and I need to be eating it religiously to get halfway through. Any thoughts on what I can do with this stuff, other than spreading it on toast?

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

Plop it on top of a salad and call it whitefish Nicoise.

Seriously though, other than eating it on toast, on a bagel, on crackers, on a celery rib or any was that you would eat tuna salad, it's culinary uses are pretty much relegated to just stuffing your face with it. I hope it's good!

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Could you add a bit of egg to bind and roll in course bread crumbs or panko and pan fry for a fish cake? Or whizz in the FP with a binder and make a fish ball to poach or pan fry? I would be tempted to toss with hot pasta and some fresh herbs.