• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

Do you have to be registered with them for that promo code?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Do you have to be registered with them for that promo code?

I don't think so. I have done business with them in the past and get email newsletters. When I ordered this afternoon and took advantage of the promo code I did it as a guest, without logging in or registering an account. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Through tomorrow (June 20), Groupon Goods has the Blendtec Classic 475 for $200. If this is your first Groupon, you can get an additional $10 off at checkout with the code WELCOME. You also can get a 9% rebate through Ebates (which you really should join if you do a significant amount of online shopping).

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

i have an anova that came in a cylinder with a yellow top

no idea the version

the current anova is packed in a box.  any idea is that's newer version or just a newer box ?

thanks

I have to admit they are not very forthcoming with product identification, model number and the like, but at $129, I decided to jump in. I have been reluctant to get into it because I already have a slew of items that I store and retrieve from the basement.  This unit looks like it will not be much of a storage burden. Not sure if I would use the iPhone app, but maybe. It should arrive in 3 days, so, we'll see.

HC

The code worked with the Wi-Fi model too (I put it in the cart and applied the code)...$199-$50=$149 and free shipping.

Was very tempting but I think I'm going to order a Joule at some point.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

7 minutes ago, rotuts said:

DDF :

did you do this a while ago ?

the code has not worked for me, but I set get eh WiFi for 50 less if I could

Yeah, shortly after chefmd posted.

The code doesn't work for me now, either.

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

fair enough.

still, they are a bit weasel-ey.

Im looking on the Bright Side !  saved $ 150 USD !

Ill take a small piece of that and look into MaLa at that Cambridge Chinese Rest.

Win-Win

$50 off, final price $129 should make it the Bluetooth version, which is the version I purchased in May. Simple to use, I haven't even bothered with doing anything with the Bluetooth app I downloaded.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I'm sure they'll have many more sales.

And Black Friday is just 150 days away. :D

Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)
  • Like 2

I can't say but Id guess :   the 179 is bluetooth ( maybe ) but not WiFi

the 1.99 is both.

Im guessing the unit have in the cylinder chipping container  ( ? how old )  has blue tooth

Ive never looked into it.   it might have a different sleeve for securing it to you SV water unit, based on the newer box.

3 hours ago, HungryChris said:

I have to admit they are not very forthcoming with product identification, model number and the like, but at $129, I decided to jump in. I have been reluctant to get into it because I already have a slew of items that I store and retrieve from the basement.  This unit looks like it will not be much of a storage burden. Not sure if I would use the iPhone app, but maybe. It should arrive in 3 days, so, we'll see.

HC

I've been using the Android app.  It includes good-looking recipes that I plan to try, although I admit I'm still at the data-collection and -logging stage.  It's a shame the Anova can't be programmed to stop when the time is up, but I can use the app to turn the machine on or off, change temperature, and monitor the time without having to walk back into the kitchen.  

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

For those with an interest in culinary gasses Creamright is having a sale:

https://www.creamright.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=7513073adea7c4e13a41d1ebeb705193&

I favor the Kayser case of thirty boxes of ten.  I'm down to less than half a case but I think I'll sit this sale out as what I have should see me through the summer.  A case can carbonate a lot of kimchi.

Now if I could only locate my lost supply N2O.  I used to leave it out on the living room floor (just like the CO2) but I needed the space for a computer project and put the N2O away someplace obvious.  That was last winter, and I haven't found it since.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Oh I found it, the N2O!  I'm so happy!  In the bedroom.  Under the Rancho Gordo beans, next to the case of white grapefruit and the toilet paper.

Well, it seems I have about a year or two supply, but if you need N2O Creamright is having the sale.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou