• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

I have a very nice, and old ' National ' fuzzy rice cooker   ---  Panasonic ---  ''  10 cup ''

its been the Nuts for a Long Long Time

if i should die, Id get another  Toot sweet, as it does what it does perfectly

i got it for the 'slow' cooker function  for steel cut oats w milk

nice.

thew IP  adds to what you have for 

to me the complement each other

• Like 1

Well, hell.  I got one IP,  so I checked my husband's account to see where the other one is.  It doesn't show that I ordered it. O.o  Or, they cancelled it because they were shipping to the same address???  I dunno.

Sorry mother-in-law...no IP for you.  :P

Kidding.  I'll wait for another sale.....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Well, hell.  I got one IP,  so I checked my husband's account to see where the other one is.  It doesn't show that I ordered it. O.o  Or, they cancelled it because they were shipping to the same address???  I dunno.

No fair. Two separate acoounts ought to get you 2 IPs. 

• Like 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 7/12/2016 at 6:42 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Amazon.ca has the CSO for $224 for Prime day - that's $172 US. 

Must have been just a .ca deal. I checked several times and $218 US was the lowest I saw.

ETA: Checked one more time. Still $218. Hell with it. Ordered it anyway.

Edited by kayb (log)
  • Like 3

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

17 minutes ago, kayb said:

Must have been just a .ca deal. I checked several times and $218 US was the lowest I saw.

ETA: Checked one more time. Still $218. Hell with it. Ordered it anyway.

I think that americans can order from .ca but they would have to pay the postage.

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

Oh no! Maybe check your email for the 2nd order confirmation and contact Amazon?

• Like 1
"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

7 minutes ago, rotuts said:

no problem being late.

fresh to you.

outstanding purchase  BTW

looking for some fresh insight, 

posting in MC@H ?

I'm very excited to try some new stuff!

Thanks, Rotuts for all of your help :) 

Just now, kayb said:

Stopped by my Aldi this morning. No dehydrators. Probably a good thing. I really don't need another kitchen appliance.

Of course you do!   We live to amass kitchen toys don't you know.  

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, stckciv said:

Food Service Wharehouse is going out of business. http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/  They have some pretty good deals, $100 minimum though.

Thank you for posting this. An acquaintance of mine who does seasonal food service lost all of his equipment in a fire. I was able to pass this on.

• Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

3 hours ago, stckciv said:

Food Service Wharehouse is going out of business. http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/  They have some pretty good deals, $100 minimum though.

I also wanted to thank you for posting this (I think). I just spent the last 90 minutes scouring the site and ended up buying more than I should have. Some great deals to be had, though. I found a Volrath Redco dicer plus some accessory blades, some stainless steel cooling racks, and some nice ice buckets all at great prices. The stock appears to be getting thin so I'd recommend that anyone interested check it out soon.

• Like 1

Well, I stopped by Aldi yesterday to pick up half and half, cream, and a pineapple, and they had the dehydrators (we're always a little slow here in Arkansas...). So I got one. About to try dehydrating cherries, because I bought some at the grocery a week ago, haven't touched them, and need to do something with them....

• Like 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com