• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

in my BB$B, they will take any 20% off coupon, so if you save say 5

you can buy 5 things art 20 % off

etc

Actually,  5 20% off coupons is the most able take for anyone transaction  no matter how many you have.

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Watch your mailboxes. I just received a BB&B coupon I have never seen: 20% off ENTIRE purchase. These evil people must know that I am long-term unemployed and can't go crazy.

My brothers and I do a yearly holiday shopping trip that starts at BB&B. We call that coupon that you received "The Magic Coupon". It's rare...I think it's not the usual blue & white color, either (red, maybe?). Perhaps your luck is turning...play the Lottery!  :cool:  :laugh:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

good tip

however .....

if I dont have > half a dozen coupons from BB&B in my car something is terribly wrong :

1 ) the P.O. has gone out of business    ...   unlikely

2 )  Ive been buy way to much crap useful cooking tools and gadgets than I need ... possible

ive never seen anyone in that store w/o a fist full of coupons.

have you ?

this is not a complaint, of course.

thats how they drove Linen'N'things out of business.   they used to be just across the street from BBB.

if I dont have > half a dozen coupons from BB&B in my car something is terribly wrong :

ive never seen anyone in that store w/o a fist full of coupons.

thats how they drove Linen'N'things out of business.   they used to be just across the street from BBB.

A friend of ours has more than fifty BBB coupons in her car, just in case she has to do major shopping (which in all the years I've known her, she's never done).

Toots has a few in her car, and I always have a couple in each of my shopping bags, plus eight or ten in my "coupon drawer."

I thought Linens 'n' Things was part of the BBB empire, both owned by the same company.

There have been a few times when I've gotten the 20% off without having a coupon ... just asked for it.

... Shel

• 1 month later...

my sister got this email:

NEWFALL14

20 bucks off next purchase

I couldnt fined the 'sale'   'coupon' thread

:sad:

Minimum $75 purchase pre-coupon, expires Monday, August 25.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

Anova's being very nice to us these days - I just received another discount offer from them.

As with the one earlier this month, this consists of a discount code which gives $50 off your purchase.  The difference is, this can only be used for the Anova One, the original, not the new one coming in October (we hope) or the Anova Pro.  That's not really a limitation; the Anova One is a very fine machine.

I can't use my discount, so if anybody would like it, PM me.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

• 1 month later...

Sears in Canada now has a Kenmore induction/convection standalone range. I've been watching prices on it for awhile. Regular price was $2,000 or more but it was usually on sale for about $1500, but this weekend it's on sale for $1,049 for a stainless steel one. 

(For anyone who still has white appliances, Kenmore also has this induction/convection range in white for $999.) 

That's a very good price for induction and the reviews are mostly good. I ordered one, but won't receive it until November. I understand it is actually made by Electrolux. 

White details and reviews here

Stainless steel details and reviews here

Anna and I looked at that stove when she was in the market for induction - it was a nice looking appliance - and had good reviews as I recall.  It was her second choice after the GE Profile induction.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blendtec has an extended Black Friday sale, valid thru Dec 1. $209 for a refurb Total Blender with their classic "Fourside" jar, $229 for the "Wildside" jar

http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/total-blender-classic-series-factory-reconditioned

I caved and bought one  :hmmm:

Blendtec has an extended Black Friday sale, valid thru Dec 1. $209 for a refurb Total Blender with their classic "Fourside" jar, $229 for the "Wildside" jar

http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/total-blender-classic-series-factory-reconditioned

I caved and bought one  :hmmm:

There is promo code PC4SF that will give you free shipping. 

I assume people are aware of this but on eBay one can find--assuming one isn't American--refurbished Thermapen thermometers. They discount, in AUD at least, is significant. By all accounts the refurbished ones are fine. I picked up one (with free shipping from the UK) for ~$66AUD. A new thermometer, prior to shipping, would cost $96AUD.

As for the American bit, for some reason most (possibly all) sellers refuse to ship Stateside. I don't know if that means eBayUSA has discounted and refurbished Thermapens of their own, tho', or if you can find a workaround (i.e. Australian consumers purchasing 'region-locked' products from the States are able to have products shipped to companies that then forward them on to Australia).

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

Looking back through emails it appears Thermoworks had these open box sales in last couple years: 

3 in 2012, Jan, Mar July

2 in 2013, Jan, July

4 in 2014, Jan, Mar, Jul, Aug

Most recent price was $74/unit

Open box usually has pretty limited color selection - but I put the boots on mine so no matter.

If color is important the mix/match going on now is good.  Shipping is also discounted.  Expect another open box in Jan???

Edited by daveb (log)
  • Like 1

Today only (Dec. 2) Chefs online has a sale on KitchenAid attachments  15% off.   Sale

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett