• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

I buy organic soba noodles, Q Ginger, dog treats, Knudsen Recharge (like gatorade but with real fruit juice), Boost, Balance Bars. Things that are hard to find in Atlanta, or things that are heavy.

I buy a lot of food items from Amazon, especially on Subscribe and Save. They include Newman's Own Cinnamon Graham Alphabet cookies (half price of my local health food stores), Bran Cereal (much less than in supermarkets), and Bionaturae Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes, 28.2 Ounce Tins (Pack of 12), which I like even better than San Marzanos (It's $29.24 for 12 with Subscribe and Save):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HTE1JY/ref=oh_o03_s01_i00_details

Also, I just purchased this spice mix:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YGSA0/ref=oh_o02_s00_i01_details

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy lots.

But I must say that I buy dry dog food from them cause its $9.00 less than driving to Petsmart and its free 2nd day shipping.

I do too. Plus, no tax for me and 40lbs are delivered to my front door( up 3 flights of stairs)

I buy a lot of food items from Amazon, especially on Subscribe and Save. They include Newman's Own Cinnamon Graham Alphabet cookies (half price of my local health food stores), Bran Cereal (much less than in supermarkets), and Bionaturae Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes, 28.2 Ounce Tins (Pack of 12), which I like even better than San Marzanos (It's $29.24 for 12 with Subscribe and Save):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HTE1JY/ref=oh_o03_s01_i00_details

Also, I just purchased this spice mix:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YGSA0/ref=oh_o02_s00_i01_details

Thanks for mentioning these. I'm almost out of the 2 cases of san marzano tomatoes I schlepped with me from Canada. This is a great price too.

I buy the McCanns Irish Oatmeal. I like it better than generic steel cut oats. I also get maple sugar and pure maple syrup. I get everything with subscribe and save and then cancel the subscription if I dont want to keep it.

I get quite a few grocery items via subscribe & save. Most are cheaper than I can buy locally and in some cases of "specialty" items are much fresher than in local stores where it may have been on the shelf for a long time.

I use a lot of panko crumbs and the Sushi Chef Panko (Japanese Bread Flakes), 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) @ $18.56 is a great buy and these are the best of any brand I have tried - I have purchased many brands so have had plenty to compare.

I also get the Splenda/Sugar blends, both regular and brown. The brown sugar blend doesn't seem to ever get hard, unlike regular brown sugar.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

• 4 weeks later...

I recently found a deal on a used ACMC tabletop temperer for $400 plus shipping. The seller had two of them, and as of a couple days ago, still had the other one. I had been tossing the idea of getting a new Chocovision Rev1 or Rev2 around when I found this, and it seemed like a better deal to me. I can't see my chocolate production ever outgrowing the ACMC, unlike the Rev. They also are, from what I understand, easy to fix, and all the part can be purchased online.

Anyway, if anyone is in the market for one, drop me a line and I will pass along the contact info for the seller. She shipped very quickly and packed well.

I have no relationship with the seller but thought I would pass along a good deal, and I have already taken the risk of buying from her (it was a CraigsList ad), and it worked out fine.

If this is an inappropriate post, please just delete, mods.

Jess

I received as gift 2 1/2lb bags of pu-ehr tea(in pursuit of tea). Tea has not been opened. Pls. send me a p.m. if ur interested.

Unfortunately, i don't like pu-ehr.

I would like to give someone the teas who would appreciate it.

• 8 months later...

from time to time Thermapen offers an open-box sale. I got my 'purple' this way

the current one is 69 bucks, USD

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_open_box_sale_2013.html?utm_source=Nl-2013Jan18&utm_medium=email&utm_term=shop_now&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=openbox-cs

hope this link works as its not 'public'

and Yar I do not work for them

so if you have been waddling and whiffleing

make your move now!

Id love to have their 'entry' IR gun, however Im not sure I could master the calibration on the surface reflectivity. doesnt that add a variable that can put a reasonable reading off by enough to be significant?

http://www.thermowor...aign=openbox-cs

make your move now!

Thanks for the heads up; purchased on last night. :cool:

SIMPLICITY is the SOUL of design.

ThicknessTemperatueTime

Ed Bloom - San Antonio.TX

http://www.thermowor...aign=openbox-cs

make your move now!

Thanks for the heads up; purchased on last night. :cool:

Woohoo! Ordered mine in Yellow! Todd in Chicago

I've ordered several when they have had these sales in the past - for myself, for gifts, for donating to a specialized charity auction, etc.

It's a very good deal.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett