• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

• 1 month later...

Amazon is running Kindle sale .99 to 2.99 and it includes some great cookbooks. I bought Jane Grigson's Charcuterie and French Cookery and Eric Gower's Runaway Japanese Kitchen.

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure how soon this expires (definitely over by the end of the weekend) but Barnes and Noble is offering 50% off any one print book if you "like" them on facebook. I did this at lunchtime and was able to purchase Modernist Cuisine for about $310.00. Still a hefty sum, but a great deal. Can't wait to start cooking from it.

Links?

I'm searching now. But please. Links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT -- Link found: http://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble?sk=app_201143516562748

Just did this. $336 including tax and shipping. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Edited by ScoopKW (log)

Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today. -- Edgar Allan Poe

this is good until Nov 6 at midnight.

you essentially save $130 off the amazon price. Real Money!

this should somehow be circulated to all who are interested in MC and have not yet made the plunge.!

Edited by rotuts (log)

448 is not the list price.

i tried to get the new Heston Blumental's book as I have MC and want no other book right now but it wouldnt let me use the coupon at all.

its available for preorder, but at a discount.

MC arrived in the world's most well-packed box today. It was a box in a box in a box in a box. Each box baffled to protect the next box.

Haven't even unwrapped the set. Have to go to work.

Thanks again, victornet!

Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today. -- Edgar Allan Poe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered some food items from Indian Blend on Amazon.

I do make naan at home but having some in the freezer for instant gratification is super.

I got the Masala "flat bread" naan and the Onion naan and was impressed with both, and the Poori, the Whole wheat chapati

I wrote reviews for a couple of the items.

I also ordered 2 pounds of shelled pistachios from the same vendor and this product is much better than anything I can find locally. The nut meats are huge compared to others I have purchased, very fresh and flavorful.

I'm sure you have excellent local Indian foods in your area, but I'm really impressed with the quality of these foods.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Panko crumbs.

I bought a huge amount of them with some Amazon Rewards I needed to use up. I can't get them here in Tiny Town, so it is nice to have a source. They are packed by Well-Pac. If it's good enough for restaurants, it's good enough for me.

Dried Cherries and Blueberries.

I bought a kilo of each for about $17 a piece. It was a promotion around the holidays.

Panko crumbs.

I bought a huge amount of them with some Amazon Rewards I needed to use up. I can't get them here in Tiny Town, so it is nice to have a source. They are packed by Well-Pac. If it's good enough for restaurants, it's good enough for me.

Dried Cherries and Blueberries.

I bought a kilo of each for about $17 a piece. It was a promotion around the holidays.

Ha ha! I moved to Tiny Town 5 years ago and learned early on to order what I wanted from Amazon grocer rather than try to hunt down ingredients at the Chef-Boy-R-D Mart. I appreciate Amazon so much, especially when I want to try something of a new ethnicity. They were also a huge help when I was trying to sample all the sardines on rworange's list. I also got most of what I've needed for experiments from Modernist Cuisine. No beta carrageenan here in Tiny Town, only Velveeta. Yay Amazon!