• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bouillabaisse in Marseilles

jeffperez62

I have benn told that there are many bad versions to be found in town. What restaurant in town makes the best/most traditional version.

I will be in Marseille soon and I would love to experience the "real deal"

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How could you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!??

Le Charte de la Bouillabaisse Marseillaise sets the standards for bouillabaisse in Marseilles. These are the restaurants that subscribe to the charter.

I settled on Le Miramar and highly recommend the experience. Locals say there are better (less expensive, perhaps), but Le Miramar is convenient, right off the harbor and served my bouillabaisse with proper pomp, ceremony and ingredients.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

A friend who lived in Marseille for years recommended L'Epuisette and they also subscribe to the charter. We ate there this past October and were overwhelmed by the bouillabaisse. Besides the view from the restaurant alone is worth it