• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: PopsicleToze (2011) - Honeysuckles and Huckleberries... F

Great stuff! Thanks for being so informative and entertaining all week.

In return, here's

as sung by a friend of mine and his dad.

Why, Peter, thank you!!! I really enjoy your posts and topics -- especially the seafood one (or it could be the foods of your area that just happen to contain a lot of seafood -- I haven't seen it lately), but I definitely remember how impressive it is. That's some amazing stuff you got there! And thank you, too, for the song!

Au revoir,

P.S. Lisa, the blog is over (they only last a week here), but before I go I just had to snap one last picture. Do you remember these?

Kurt and Lisa\

The spice blend is from Chicago in 2004, and the spoon (wasn't it made out of olive wood?) was a present from New Orleans in 2005. The spice blend's magic aroma has long since faded, but this STILL has a place in my spice cabinet. (OMG - spice cabinets... that was on my list, and I completely forgot, LOL. Oh, well, maybe in another lifetime, lol!) Then the spoon. It stays out in a crock on the counter, so I see it all of the time! What treasures these are, and you thought I forgot you?!? No way, Jose!

Thanks for all of the comments and such nice things that were said!!! They're going to shut down this blog this afternoon to comments because it's time to go onward to next week's blog. I'm out the door to lunch a little more late than fashionably late, and I'm pretty sure by the time I get back, comments will be closed.

This has been soooooooo much fun, and I hope if you do drop by the area that you will give me a call!

Signing off!

Thank you so so much for this incredible blog- from the sausage to the strawberries, the turtle soup and catfish and most of all the jambalya. There wasn't a page that didn't leave me drooling. Living in London I can get galangal in a second, fresh-baked baklava and pide round the corner and kilebasa and pirogies just down the road, but sadly, London is waaaaaaay behind in appreciating the joys of down-home Southern cooking- which is a traegedy coz that stuff speaks to my soul (guess that's why it's soul food :wink: ). Surrounded by exotica, nothing sounds more exciting and appealing to me than the food you've shown us this week. Thanks again.