• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What did you buy at the liquor store today?

jsmeeker

Ashen, I think the Copper Pot reserve is brilliant stuff. I recently had back-to-back Manhattans with the Barrel Select and Copper Pot, and the Copper Pot was far and away the winner. This will be my next Canadian whisky purchase... right after I snag a bottle of Lot 40.

Yesterday, though, I was flying through Hong Kong on my way home from Hanoi, and picked up a litre bottle of Ardbeg 10-year. Worked out to about half the price it sells for at home, pro-rated for volume.

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

right after I snag a bottle of Lot 40.

The Forty Creek Copper Pot hasn't made it this way yet, I'm kinda watching for it but really hoping the Port Wood makes it. I'm also keeping one eye on the Lot 40 to see if it makes it to this end of the province.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

The Forty Creek Copper Pot hasn't made it this way yet, I'm kinda watching for it but really hoping the Port Wood makes it. I'm also keeping one eye on the Lot 40 to see if it makes it to this end of the province.

What is with your LCBO - it's in every single store here!

You need to drink more to build up the demand. :raz:

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

What is with your LCBO - it's in every single store here!

Two guys that've been working there forever and think they're the final word on what people will or won't buy. They stock the Barrel Select and Double Barrel Reserve so it's not impossible that others will show up... but the Confederation Oak and John's Private Cask never did. It's really not a big deal if they don't show up but I might check them out if they do. Especially the Port Wood. Actually, it's not always the local guys to blame though. Some things just never make it to this end at all, even in the bigger towns.

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.