• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In-N-Out Burger

Toliver

"In-N-Out Burger Just Took a BIG Step Toward Opening in This New State"

The quick answer is: Colorado.

The first Colorado restaurant is projected to open in summer of 2020...
...Although there are many In-N-Out Burger locations outside of California, Colorado will be the second state, after California, to house a patty production facility—meaning that the company is looking to establish a solid presence in Colorado and, perhaps in the future, its neighboring states.

This last bit intrigues me. I could have sworn that Texas was going to get a patty production facility, as well, especially since it's so far away from California.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 1 year later...

"In-N-Out Burger Debuts in Colorado, Sparks 14 Hour Wait Times"

Not much of an article except for the tiny photos of the lines of cars.

The mania for a hamburger with history goes on...xD

• Confused 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Just don't get it. The zoo of line at the local one is beezarre with walkie talkies and traffic directors. And in a city with so much way more excellent street food. People and their odd perceptions!

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, heidih said:

Just don't get it. The zoo of line at the local one is beezarre with walkie talkies and traffic directors. And in a city with so much way more excellent street food. People and their odd perceptions!

It's strange. I married a California girl, and for the life of me can't work out the In-N-Out (INO) fanaticism.

I get that it's fast, cheap and easy. 

I get that it is definitely NOT bad (in the way that many fast food burgers definitely ARE bad).

It's a nice comfort item that is predictable and reliable.

But...it's not amazing. Not the best burger - by a long shot - I've ever had. Or even had this week.

Oh well, it's like a California cult or something.

• Like 1

PastaMeshugana

"The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd."

"What's hunger got to do with anything?" - My Father

My first Novella: The Curse of Forgetting

one could open a Dairy Queen above the Arctic Circle and there would be a long line of dog sleds around the local ice berg,

with the intent to see what the place is all about . . .

on a west coast jaunt, we did an In and Out. 

decent burger. 

the rest is hyper hype.

• Like 5