• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pintxos

eternal

It's been a year and a half since we spent a week in San Sebastian wandering the streets and eating way too many pintxos and i'm looking for a good cook/recipe book on the classics and some of the more modern ones hitting the fancier bars. Most of these were simple things, like raw salmon on mayo on toast or anchovies on toast with roast red pepper, etc. I know this seems quite simple (and it is!) but still looking for a good guide to get started.

Any suggestions? Amazon has a couple but the reviews and pictures don't give me a good sense of what is in them.

thanks

I have a book I picked up during my time in the area. I believe you can find it online:

Creative Basque Cuisine - Traditional and Modern

It is part of a series based on the 'Premios Pil Pil' a kindof Basque food Oscars..

the Editor is J.L. Barrena