• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Great Freezer Cleanout: 2011

Chris Amirault

Last night from the freezer - pepperoni and sausage calzone for the SO, Miso-teriyaki salmon for me. I was a bit concerned about the salmon as I thought it might be "off" it smelled a bit fishy cooking but it was delicious once on the plate.

Following DanM's suggestion upthread, I used one sheet of puff pastry on sausage rolls for dinner tonight. Tasty!

Sausage rolls.jpg

Yummy - did you skin the sausages before rolling?

Ok, any suggestions for two cups worth of very pungent garlic scape pesto I've got in the freezer? Trying to figure out something that will showcase it but not leave us with garlicky-breath-of-fire...

Following DanM's suggestion upthread, I used one sheet of puff pastry on sausage rolls for dinner tonight. Tasty!

Sausage rolls.jpg

Yummy - did you skin the sausages before rolling?

Actually, it was bulk sausage meat I made a froze a while ago, so there were no skins to remove! I just shaped it into flattened logs and then wrapped.

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

Ok, any suggestions for two cups worth of very pungent garlic scape pesto I've got in the freezer? Trying to figure out something that will showcase it but not leave us with garlicky-breath-of-fire...

Soup - perhaps lentil or potato.

Or put some in bread, either as an ingredient, or as a swirl (think cinnamon bread).

Make dip, adding enough sour cream/yogurt to tame it down.