• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food & Wine's Top 25 Burger List

Chris Amirault

It's difficult for me to look at a list like this and not feel like the authors should have divided the list up into different varieties of burger. In-n-out and Shake Shake style vs. the 1/2 pound monsters.

Otherwise, it's very hard to make a comparison, no?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Is a Ahi Burger really a burger? No. It is a fish sandwich.

Food and Wine couldn't find one worthy burger in Philadelphia?

PubKitchen-Churchill-split.jpg

Pub and Kitchen's Churchill Burger perhaps? Custom Pat LaFrieda aged beef blend, brushed with bone marrow butter, topped with caramelized onions.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Is a Ahi Burger really a burger? No. It is a fish sandwich.

Food and Wine couldn't find one worthy burger in Philadelphia?

PubKitchen-Churchill-split.jpg

Pub and Kitchen's Churchill Burger perhaps? Custom Pat LaFrieda aged beef blend, brushed with bone marrow butter, topped with caramelized onions.

Correct you are Holly. Are not lists like this in national publication more a function of publicists and who you know than quality of the item?

I live 1416 miles from the nearest In-N-Out Burger (from mapquest, no I didn't crawl there, not that I'm above such things). As many incredible, creative and purely delicious burgers as there are in between an animal style double-double is the only one that stirs thoughts of a pilgrimage.