• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Electric pasta roller machines

Paul Bacino

So,

Looking at purchasing one. Under 1500$

I'm not a fan of the add on, KA or Atlas roller/motor. I was looking at an Imperial 220, looks o.k . But is their anything else out , that is stand alone. Not the Roma either.

This is for home use, as we periodically entertain for 12-16 people.

Paul

Ideas

Its good to have Morels

Wow Paul, you are really serious about your pasta making! Home made pasta always tastes the best... I had a look at the Imperial 220 myself it looks pretty good, but its not something that I would use since we never have that many people over at our house...(maybe once per year)

Hope you get the right one for you!

Jade Shing!

It is nice to e-meet all of you ^_^

My Love of Kitchen Gear is a love of Kitchen Tools :)

I have the Imperia 220 Restaurant electric and it is a great pasta machine. I recommend it heartily. There is a mixing bowl attachment that you probably could forego.

By the way, it is Imperia, not Imperial if you are doing searches.

Edited by JBailey (log)

"A cloud o' dust! Could be most anything. Even a whirling dervish.

That, gentlemen, is the whirlingest dervish of them all." - The Professionals by Richard Brooks

I have an ATLAS brandfor use with a crank and and/or electric motor for power,Works greatfor forming only,(base product is done in the FP)I am sure it was not more than $50..(I am probably comparing wrong type of products, however)

Bud