• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ravioli Pizza

Recoil Rob

What to do with these leftovers I thought, then it came to me...

A RAVIOLI PIZZA!

Store bought pizza dough, a layer of ricotta tarted up with Penzey's garlic powder, herbs fine and black pepper, leftover Borgotti's raviolis from Arthur Ave. with Bolognese sauce from last summers tomato crop, all topped with wild boar prosciutto from Fairway. Baked at 500˚ for 12 minutes.

Genius, delicious, satisfying, filling. Before and after cooking.

P3030013.JPG

P3030016.JPG

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.

- Errol Flynn

Chris, the raviolis were fine, they dried out just a touch, enough to make them feel integrated with the rest of the pie and hold their place so they didn't slip around. Perfect al dente! These were Borgotti raviolis and they make an excellent pasta dough. I'm not sure how a commercially made ravioli would hold up.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.

- Errol Flynn

Brilliant.

But it does flirt with the Number 1 Rule of Pizza Toppings. Pizza toppings must add grease to the pizza.

What was the ravioli filling? Critical question.

Edited by gfweb (log)