• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mirchiwalla Wings

BadRabbit

My local Indian place has wings that that they call Mirchiwalla wings. The wings are obviously cooked in a Tandoor but I can't seem to figure out the spice mix on the outside. Anybody have a recipe or an idea of what spices to try (I have a clay oven)?

P.S. I understand that this might actually just be a name given by the restaurant that doesn't relate to a specific traditional dish.

Mirchiwala wings eg. chilli chicken wings. Sounds like chef's own spicy (chilli-hot) chicken wings to me! Can you taste any spices other than chilli in particular?

It definitely has coriander and cumin but I've been having a tough time picking out more than that. It seems to be more floral spices. There's definitely not turmeric or ginger. One spice looks like dried thyme but thyme didn't seem very likely to me in an Indian dish.