• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor

Shelby

I had this this other day. it is very good. The potato chip clusters are about the size of peanut m&m's which think is a good size for your spoon.

It's my new favorite flavor at the moment. :-)

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

I've seen chocolate covered chips at Trader Joe's. They also have a candy bar that has peanut butter and jelly and potato chips in it.

I see B&J has a gluten free flourless chocolate cake ice cream out right now as well.

Chocolate covered potato chip are the secret weapon to get my Japanese wife and her two sisters fighting until the last bite. The chocolate company Royce make them. Here is a link for the product.

http://www.e-royce.com/english/product_potato_potechi.html

I would be very curious to taste this ice cream. Nice idea!

My blog about food in Japan

Foodie Topography

www.foodietopography.com

• 2 weeks later...

That could be its own thread!! Salty/sweet things are the best! Chocolate things with salt are particularly good, but I would include fruit salsas, kettle corn, chicken apple sausage, etc. this ice cream is in good company! :biggrin:

WOOO HOOOO!!!! Went to Wal-Mart today and there it was. Only two left, and I got one of them.

I am now taking my third bite and I LOVE it. Definitely the only ice cream out in regular supermarkets that has the sweet/salty aspect.

The only thing I want is MORE of the chocolate covered chips in there.

Love it!

• 6 months later...

Digging this one up in honor of the long-anticipated (at least among Ben & Jerry's/SNL fans) and finally released Schweddy Balls. Vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and fudge-covered rum and malt balls. I haven't seen it where I live yet but I loved the skit (and the recent take on it with Betty White, Dusty Muffin... an absolute must-watch for Betty White fans :biggrin:) so I'm hoping to see it arrive here soon.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 3 weeks later...

Digging this one up in honor of the long-anticipated (at least among Ben & Jerry's/SNL fans) and finally released Schweddy Balls. Vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and fudge-covered rum and malt balls. I haven't seen it where I live yet but I loved the skit (and the recent take on it with Betty White, Dusty Muffin... an absolute must-watch for Betty White fans :biggrin:) so I'm hoping to see it arrive here soon.

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to the big city to see if I can locate some of this!

:biggrin: Last week I had Ben and Jerry's Boston cream pie flavor.

Damn them! :biggrin:

I know, right? I LOVE this flavor, too.

Sadly, my winter clothes don't love it so much......