• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to get a booking at Fat Duck - 2011?

Spare a thought for those of us at the other end of Greenwich Mean Time. Two months out from wanting to be there, started ringing at 9pm our time. Engaged. Gave up and went to bed an hour and a half or so later - engaged on each attempt. Happened to be awake at 4am (thanks, cat) and thought I'd try again. Got through; they're full (for 9/10 Sept) but I'm on the waiting list. Not holding my breath ...

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Having been to the Fat Duck a few years ago I would love to go back. Has anyone got experience of their waiting list and the chance of getting a table at short notice?

No recent experience I'm afraid, but the last time I booked there (3 years ago) I spent something like 2 hours redialing until I got an answer, which seems to match recent reports.

What they have introduced relatively recently is the ability to make online reservations from the web site, although I think that the telephone reservations open before the online ones, so I have no idea what the chances of finding a free table are - but at least you aren't stuck redialing so it might be worth a go.

The other option is that their "online booking" system also offers you the chance to add your name to the waiting list for a specific time/date - at least that way they call you rather than vice versa, so it certainly sounds like worth trying as it might get you a booking (and if it doesn't it hasn't cost you anything).

Edited by JudyB (log)

• 3 weeks later...

Having been to the Fat Duck a few years ago I would love to go back. Has anyone got experience of their waiting list and the chance of getting a table at short notice?

Could always try the Aiden Byrne approach by asking Ashley Watts (FD's Group Chef) on twitter :wacko:

24006384980-orig.png

The Chef Hermes blog

Can be followed on Twitter: @chefhermes

Or Facebook:Chef Hermes group page

Hi,

Could anyone with experience with this help me out. I want to make a reservation for the FD on two possible dates, but the two month mark prior to those dates happen to fall on a Saturday and Sunday, and I understand that they do not take calls over the weekend. Should I call on the Friday before? Or the monday after?

Appreciate any help!

Hi,

Could anyone with experience with this help me out. I want to make a reservation for the FD on two possible dates, but the two month mark prior to those dates happen to fall on a Saturday and Sunday, and I understand that they do not take calls over the weekend. Should I call on the Friday before? Or the monday after?

Appreciate any help!

Call them the following monday. It will be busy though i'm afraid, those are the worst ones!