• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TV Shows That Take (Took) Place In Bars and/or Restaurants

weinoo

There are a few more sitcoms I can think of that aired/continue to ari on UK TV, namely "Chef" (starring Lenny Henry), "Whites" (starring Alan Davies) and "Time Gentlemen Please" (starring Al Murray). I'm sure there are more.

It virtually goes without saying that the local pub features prominently in all the British and Irish soaps as well.

Pushing Daisies, a quirky show about a guy who can bring people back to life, took place in a pie bakery/pie shop that was shaped like a pie--he was the owner.

Good one ! I loved that show, and was so sad to see it go.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

Does The Gem Saloon from Deadwood count???

Al Swearengen conducted all manner of business from there. :biggrin:

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

Most, if not all, of the episodes in the first season of Men of a Certain Age have a scene in which the characters played by Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, and Scott Bakula discuss their lives over breakfast, apparently sitting at the same booth each time.

Pie in the Sky - a British cop show has Henry Crab running a great little restaurant that features all sorts of wonderful pies.

I was just going to list that one too. Such a wonderful little show! The only problem with "Pie in the Sky" is that it can make you stay up all night obsessing about steak and kidney pie. Since it's not exactly easy to find here in the US (let alone in Houston, where I live), a few weeks ago after watching the last episode of the most recent season, I actually made my own steak and kidney pie. I think Detective Crab's pie looked much better.... :unsure:

"There are dogs, and then there are German Shepherds.... "- Unknown