• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hard To Find Spirits

Boilerfood

Crème de Rose (such as Crispin's made at Germain Robin's distillery. I have gone so far as to contact the distiller and am willing to pay the $85 for the 375mL). Essential for many of the drinks in William Schmidt's The Flowing Bowl.

fred, you should let me make you one.

Edited by heidih
Fix quote tags (log)

abstract expressionist beverage compounder

creator of acquired tastes

bostonapothecary.com

• 4 weeks later...

So have there been any Suze sightings yet in the States? I've read it's coming back.

I saw it (and tasted it) in New Orleans at Tales in July. If I ever get the opportunity to purchase a bottle, I certainly won't hesitate.

Mike

"The mixing of whiskey, bitters, and sugar represents a turning point, as decisive for American drinking habits as the discovery of three-point perspective was for Renaissance painting." -- William Grimes

Among a number of things I am still on a quest to find and try Van Wees 15yo Roggenaer. It is at the top of my list for my trip to London next summer if I am still unable to find someone to bring me back a bottle or two before that.

I found a site that would ship it but am a bit reluctant to risk it getting broken or hung up in customs. others seem to do it here with no problem but I think I will wait and be sure.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. ~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...

~tanstaafl2