• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican spices and herbs

Darienne

My friend from NJ brought me, the novice Mexican cook, a care package last summer, full of things I had never heard of. I know some of them now...but others are a bit of a mystery. We do have a thread, "Making Mexican at home", but it might be useful to have a topic devoted to just the spices and herbs that are used.

For instance, today I opened a jar of Corrado's Adobo con Pimienta. Found some information on Google, but need some first hand ideas. I used it on Rajas con Crema that I 'threw' together at the last second for lunch today. It was good.

List of ingredients: salt, garlic, oregano, MSG, mustard. (Yeah, so much for my MSG problem. :raz: )

Thoughts?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.