• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chick-Fil-A 2011

Fat Guy

I am reviving this ancient discussion to post a link to an article concerning a new Chick-fil-A venture:

"Chick-fil-A is taking on Blue Apron in an unprecedented move for a fast-food chain"

Chick-fil-A is making an unprecedented move to dominate its customers' lives: launching a meal-kit service.

On Monday, the chain announced it would begin selling "Mealtime Kits" at 150 restaurants in the Atlanta area in late August, making it the first fast-food chain to offer a meal-kit service.

"Meal kit service"? You already sell this, Chick-fil-A...it's called a drive-thru bag. :laugh:

• Haha 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

You know, I know a lot of people don't eat at Chick-fil-A because of the corporate culture and not wanting their money to go to causes that they find repugnant.  I absolutely believe that money talks and try to spend my money where I can support the causes that I believe in.  But here's my issue - the owner/manager (not sure which) of our local store is gay and all my gay friends and children (Jessica's crew) adore Chick-Fil-A and eat there all the time.  What's a liberal to do????

• Like 1

I will eat Chick-Fil-A food only when (a) starvng, and (b) the grandchildren insist on going. Nasty stuff.

Lemonade's good, though.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

3 minutes ago, kayb said:

I will eat Chick-Fil-A food only when (a) starvng, and (b) the grandchildren insist on going. Nasty stuff.

Lemonade's good, though.

I think I am just naturally trashy.  I adore Taco Bell and Chick-Fil-A.  Jessica got a BOGO chicken sandwich deal and brought me one the other day.  It was not hot anymore, but I piled on the Dukes and it disappeared (I guess I could have CSO'd it, huh?).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

"Chik-fil-A testing out mac and cheese as new menu item"

The new dish is only in the testing phase. However, if you live in Phoenix, Arizona; Greensboro, North Carolina; Houston and San Antonio, Texas; Baltimore, Maryland and Nashville, Tennessee — it's your lucky day.

Are there any eGulleteers close to a testing area who can try it out? It sounds like it would be a great addition to their menu.

Tim Oliver

• 11 months later...

"Chick-fil-A Is Testing Three Amazing New Drinks"

In a recent blog post on their company blog, The Chicken Wire, the Atlanta-based fast food chain announced that they're testing two seasonal tea lemonade flavors, as well as a new cold brew. 
...Mango Passion Tea Lemonade...
...Blackberry Blossom Tea Lemonade...
Java lovers can get excited by a third drink the chain is testing—the Mocha Cream Cold Brew.

Currently being test marketed but should go chain-wide after the testing is over.

Tim Oliver

• 5 weeks later...

We have a Chick-fil-A devotee in the office, she got a seasonal milkshake this week, peppermint. Said it was good, not overly minty (pink color). She also loves the mac+cheese side, I haven't tried it yet. I've gotten the Chicken Tortilla soup a couple of times, it is hearty, made with beans, thick broth. They give you a little cello pack of tortilla strips to add as you eat. Since it is a half mile from the office, she orders on the mobile app as she walks out the door and timing is perfect. Don't sleep on the chocolate chunk cookies, either. For a commercial cookie they are pretty darn good. I can only eat half of one.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

It’s fried and it’s chicken ...but it’s not fried chicken.

It’s nicely seasoned chicken. 

To me its  ok not great.  The nuggetlike things beat McDs by a mile. I suspect there’s a shitload of MSG in them. 

My dislike of Chick Fil A food may be because (take away my Southerner credentials, I guess) I'm really not that fond of fried chicken. I don't hate it, but give me a choice of that and something else, and I'm going to get something else, 99.5 percent of the time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

11 minutes ago, kayb said:

My dislike of Chick Fil A food may be because (take away my Southerner credentials, I guess) I'm really not that fond of fried chicken. I don't hate it, but give me a choice of that and something else, and I'm going to get something else, 99.5 percent of the time.

I agree. If its great fried chicken its fine, but there is so much bad fried chicken out there that I never order it.

Only tiimes I've ever had it was when they used to hand out samples at the mall. Then to complete the snnacking we'd stand in the Mrs. Fields cookie line. At home I adored vegetables so this was a fun interlude. 

• 2 months later...

Chick Fil A "catering" for the office...since everyone will eat it. Cold grilled chicken wraps, couple of salads w/grilled chicken, and platter of warm grilled chicken and fixin's (including bacon strips) for make your own sandwich. Supplemented with snack size chips and M&M cookies from the supermarket.

IMG_20200131_115344.jpg

• Like 4

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I am not a fan of Chick-Fil-A chicken., although their lemonade is To Die For.

Off-topic, but I had Sonic popcorn chicken today and it was pretty good.

Don't ask. Eat it.

• 1 month later...

"Chick-fil-A will start selling bottles of its signature sauce"

Chick-fil-A is entering the grocery business with bottles of its signature and Polynesian sauces.

Starting in April, the 16-ounce bottles will be sold in Florida at Publix, Target (TGT), Walmart and Winn-Dixie stores for around $3.49. It's the first time that Chick-fil-A will sell its products in retail stores.

Tim Oliver

I tried the Bag 'o' Bacon. It's good in a sort of protein/Keto sort of way.

As you can see it's 8 half-pieces (interesting that they're torn, not sliced). 

If you can't take spicy things, you may want to pass on this breakfast item. The cherrywood smoked bacon has a sweet coating (brown sugar?) along with a heavy dose of black pepper. The spiciness from the black pepper built up over time as I ate the bacon pieces. In a breakfast sandwich, I don't think it'd be considered spicy but by themselves it's a different story.

Bag o Bacon.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tim Oliver

20 hours ago, Toliver said:

I tried the Bag 'o' Bacon. It's good in a sort of protein/Keto sort of way.

As you can see it's 8 half-pieces (interesting that they're torn, not sliced). 

If you can't take spicy things, you may want to pass on this breakfast item. The cherrywood smoked bacon has a sweet coating (brown sugar?) along with a heavy dose of black pepper. The spiciness from the black pepper built up over time as I ate the bacon pieces. In a breakfast sandwich, I don't think it'd be considered spicy but by themselves it's a different story.

Bag o Bacon.jpg

I am an idiot. This was supposed to go in the Dunkin Donut discussion! My apologies for being distracted and making the error.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tim Oliver

3 hours ago, Toliver said:

I am an idiot. This was supposed to go in the Dunkin Donut discussion! My apologies for being distracted and making the error.

Not to worry.  I was only mildly disappointed that Chick-Fil-A, which has a location just around the corner,  is not selling a bag-o-bacon.  I must say that it looks quite nice and crispy.  Is that the case?

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I must say that it looks quite nice and crispy.  Is that the case?

Sadly, no. Not crispy at all. Makes me think it was either under a heat lamp or nuked.

• Sad 4

Tim Oliver