• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a Gelatina Encapsulada class

jtphjl

Recently in the Washington Post, I came across a farmers market favorite called, " Gelatina Encapsulada" is anyone in Northern New Jersey teaching, how to make this mexican delicacy?

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

The only classes I found listed (in either English or Spanish) online are in Mexico. Perhaps a shop that sells Mexican food, and that has a notice board may have something to offer; you might even put up a note asking about this.

From looking at some images and recipes, I get the impression that if you have the ingredients and equipment (fantes.com has a pretty decent selection of molds), this is one you can pretty much think out, once you've read up on the behaviour of gelatin.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org