• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2011 James Beard Awards

David Ross

The 2011 James Beard Award Nominess for Chefs, Restaurants and Restaurant categories have been announced. The 2011 Journalism Aware nominees will be announced in Portland, Oregon, on March 21. Your thoughts on the nominees?

Read the list here.

• 1 month later...

I am proud to report my Deathmatch colleague and new Mom, Krista Kern Desjarlais is the only Woman Finalist for Best Chef Northeast this year.

Her innovative restaurant, Bresca, here in Portland Maine.

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

As much as I feel like I should cheer on someone from Portland Maine where i'm from, gotta go with placing my bets on Maws down here in Boston. Love O Ya as well, but still think Maws is going to take it over at Craigie.

I do somewhat have to agree with johnyd though, I think out of anyone from ME on the list, Krista would be the one to get it, just don't see the ME crew taking it this year.

So I guess if either Maws, Cushman, or Desjarlais took it, i'd be pretty happy for a NE winner.

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality.

• 1 month later...

Just in from Twitter-

James Beard Awards tonight in NYC. Two big awards-

Outstanding Restaurant, Eleven Madison Park, New York

Outstanding Chef, Jose Andres, minibar, Washington, D.C.

Read the full list here.