• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sources for Grass fed cattle in LEBANON?

Animals living on pasture is scarce over here and my only source for organic grass fed beef seems to be import. Most markets carries south american meat(Brazilian and argentinian) with some sort of certification of origin. I read the labels and there are no details regarding the feed and raising environment. My only

indication is the quantity of marbling in specific cuts but this is in no way a conclusive approach. Anyone living in lebanon managed to find such products? I also produce a lot of cheeses and am in constant look for raw milk. I found some sources in bekaa region but the diary cattle feed almost exclusivle on fermented wheat plants, hays, and grains. Never green!

we have grass fed imported beef from australia where i work - let me know if you want me to pm you the supplier details, i have seen very little grass here so i have to say i dont think it will be easy to find locally

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man